The Stars Beyond
Old Drunken Spacer Tales
Old Spacers (spaceship crew members) have seen a lot of weird stuff in their lives. That’s why they drink. And the drinking makes them want to tell you all about that weird stuff they’ve seen. No one really believes the wild tales they tell, but they’re entertaining to listen to.
Here’s some of the outrageous things that old drunken spacers may try to claim as true;
- Never crew on a ship that is about to Fold for the first time. Someone always goes mad on the first Fold of a starship.
- Keep a dash of salt in a locket around your neck. That keeps the Fold ghosts from devouring your soul.
- The Storm Rider navigators can smell out a shift field in fold-space from a dozen light years away. Easy!
- If any of the orbital defense weaponry points down, don’t take shore leave. Do your job, and get out of that system as fast as you can fold.
- The Illuminati Council controls the Corps. Controls the Empires too. They controls everything. They even control how much water that fool bartender puts in my whiskey. I KNOW WHAT YER DOIN’ SVEN! DON’T THINK I DON’T KNOW!!